This quick and easy pancake recipe that makes tasty and healthy vegan pancakes. We love this because you feel like you are having a naughty breakfast but it is actually pretty good for you.
We haven’t tried it yet but it could make a great 24h snack served with vegan ice cream…
Serves: 3 (2 pancakes per serve)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate (baking) soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder (substitute nutmeg if preferred)
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder (we used White Wolf Nutrition Vanilla – you could definitely experiment here with different flavours for your pancakes)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup of your favourite mylk (we use Pure Harvest Activated Almond Milk)
Note – depending on the protein powder you use, as well as the sweetness of your banana, you can optionally add 1 tbsp of sweetener such as coconut sugar, agave etc. However,we do not use additional sweetener.
- Simply blend all items in your high-powered blender until it creates a smooth batter
- Prepare a pan with a light spray of oil and heat to medium-high heat. Measure out 1/3 of a cup of batter (this makes one pancake) and add the batter to the hot pan
- The pancake is ready to flip when there are bubbles forming on the batter. But be warned, if your pan is too hot you can get bubbles too early and your pancake will then be difficult to flip!
- Once you have navigated flipping the pancake, cook the other side for a couple of minutes. Again, if your pan is too hot you can get a brown outer with an under cooked middle. Every stove top is different so have a play with getting the right temp and timing for flipping your pancakes
Serve with berries or other fruit, maple syrup or your favourite vegan yoghurt for a delicious but guilt free breakfast or snack.
They will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days if you don’t eat them before then (you will).
Amount per serving:
|Calories / Kilojoules||238/ 996|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||39 g|
|Dietary Fibre||10 g|
This recipe is adapted from: http://www.littlewellnesscorner.com/recipe/easy-healthy-vegan-protein-pancakes/